G and the kids got me a Pandora charm bracelet for Mother’s Day. I love the four charms–a globe because I love to travel, a daisy for my favorite flower, a tiny family holding hands, and a little heart with both “Mommy” and the Portuguese “Mae” on it.
I’ve been thinking of buying myself a couple of new charms, but the collection is pretty boring. Lots of shoes and DIVA! and wine glasses or soccer balls and blue baby booties. Where are the charms for “I finished my book proposal!” or “I ran a 5K without stopping!” or figuring out how to make my grandmother’s pound cake?
There’s got to be a market out there for a wider variety of mementos. Here are a few suggestions:
- A tiny roll of toilet paper to commemorate that time I got to go to the bathroom all by myself.
- An itsy bitsy stopwatch with numbers 1-10, in honor of all those times I counted to ten, took a deep breath, and didn’t kill anyone.
- A miniature gallon of milk, because we always need milk.
- A teensy watermelon to remind me of pushing that baby out.
- A smoochy pair of lips because I am Kisser of Boo Boos.
- A miniature steering wheel to remember that Saturday I got everyone to everywhere, ON TIME and hydrated.
- A little snowflake because I learned all the words to the Frozen soundtrack.
- A jingling Chuckie Cheese’s token to remember that time I realized they sell beer.
- …what would you add to your bracelet?